So God has been working on me the last few days. Gotta love that molding, refining, eh? :|
Much of this challenge has been about feelings and emotions and it's kind of touchy feely and all that. :) So today, I thought I'd inject just some pure logic into it. HA! Now what I'm about to say, I will admit, doesn't make me particularly *happy* to think about all the time. In fact, there is a part of me that doesn't even want to say it. 1 - because I don't want to have to live it and 2 - because I don't want to be one of *those* women. :) You'll get that last one in a second. But here I am because I figure if I put it out there then you all will know and can help keep me accountable for it. :)
Here's what God showed me this week.
As a Christian, I DO believe that God is sovereign and perfect.
As a Christian, I DO believe that the Bible is the LIVING word of God, therefore truth.
(Now here's the kicker)
In Genesis (in the Bible...the one mentioned above..the true one...) it clearly states that Woman was created as a HELPER FOR MAN. Wait...what? No, no, I was created for all kinds of things related to ME. But no, God's REASON for creating me, as a being, is to be a helper to my man.
This means that as a married woman, Chris is my main purpose. Above all else! How crazy is that!?!? Now this may not be a revelation to some of you but to me it was a rather big blow! It's black and white, it's clear, it's not one of those grey areas. It is the truth as God meant for it to be.
So I started getting huffy about it. But what about me, what about my needs? I am not one of those submissive, role over, door mat kind of people. But here's the other thing God revealed to me.
His plan, his design IS perfect. Therefore, if he designed us this way, it will work out perfectly. He didn't make us this way as a cruel joke so that we can sit here and suffer all our lives, no, He did it so that together as Man and Wife, we can be a perfect match and HE will meet my needs accordingly. I just need to focus on making sure what I do is meeting Chris's needs.
So as much as I may not like the thought of being THAT woman. The submissive, I am here to please my husband, woman. In essence that's what I am supposed to be. According to the reason I was made.
Thankfully God has given me an amazing man who gets joy out of my successes and wants a partner, not a servant. So AGAIN God's plan is perfect and I CAN serve my purpose, I CAN make Chris my priority and it really DOES fulfill me and meet my needs. And God has provided anything else that I've needed.
Phew... maybe now I can sleep better. :D
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just go's to show how God's plan is perfect. And...what a huge/yet simple roll we have as wives:) You're post was a great reminder to focus on being a helper to my husband. It's so easy to get "caught up" in everyday affairs...kids, life etc., and put the hubby on the "back burner" so to speak!
Post a Comment